Monday, December 8, 2008

Don't Skip Christmas




Budgets are tight this year and the quest for the perfect gift is on. Don't sweat it readers, Mya is here to give you 3 thoughtful and even inexpensive ideas.

#1 The intimate dinner option: This is really fun when done with a group like your siblings for instance. Plan a meal and divide the entrees among the individuals contributing. Each person shops for and makes a different portion of the meal and serves it to the lucky recipient. This group can also provide the entertainment, music, after dinner foot rub, or whatever. This is what I put on my Christmas list for my poor college students, new home owner, and new parent. I can't wait to see what my children come up with and they have to clean up the kitchen afterwards. I love that part!

#2 The twelve days of Christmas lotto tree. This idea provides a little hopeful surprise or gambling to be done once a day for the twelve days before Christmas. Take one tiny tree and paper clip 12 $1:00 lotto tickets to it's branches. Wala you have 12 days of fun and somebody might actually win big!

#3 The I love you Advent Calendar. Take one 3d advent calendar and stuff each hole with a little message for the day. You could use inspirational messages, I love you because, or thinking of you type stuff. Stuff a little sweet, like chocolate in with the message and really put a smile on some one's face!

There you have it, three inexpensive ways to say I love you at Christmas. Let me know if any of you decide to use them and how they work out.

XO-Mya

4 comments:

  1. Awesome ideas! I love the advent calendar idea. Too sweet!

    Hugs,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wonderful ideas!

    Happy Holidays!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mya!! Awesome ideas! if you wanna visit my blog!I have one giveaway!

    xoxo
    besos

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff here! I like hearing your perspective on things.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by for a visit. Your comments are important to me. Leave me your thoughts and always follow your bliss.