Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Twilight and Vampire Loving; are you kidding me?



Have you seen the movie Twilight or read the book?

Okay, I definitely have a vivid imagination and I love a hot steamy romance but I just don't know if I could get into the whole vampire love thing. I am quite sure the moment things were heating up and he bent over to sink his fangs into my neck, it would be all over- period. True I have not seen the movie or read any of the books but still I have to wonder- am I so different from most. I just can't see the allure of having a lover that drinks blood. Can you? I tried to watch Interview with a Vampire with Mr. Dreamy Brad Pitt but I couldn't handle it and I turned it before it was half over. Can you believe I turned away from Sexy Brad?

I realize this movie is based on a YA novel and there is probably no sex, just a love affair between normal teens and ones that sport long fangs and drink blood. I admit I am curious about the movie and you can be sure that the moment it hits pay-per-view I will be all over it, but until then I really need some enlightenment on the whole vampire lover thing. What am I missing people tell me!

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea what you are missing. I am just as much out of the loop as you are. I have not read the books or seen the movie. When you find out let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of little quirks and nuisances that draw you in to this story. He is a vampire, but doesnt drink human blood. He lives with a family of vampires that are the same. They have a conscious and most of them didn't want to be a vampire in the first place. He can also read minds, except for HER... He has to exercise great control just to be around her. He is so strong, a simple hug could crush and kill her. A chaste kiss here and there is all you get in the first book. It is their struggle to be together with all these restrictions that causes you to get caught up in the story. Like Romeo and Juliet - they want to be together, but all these things keep stopping them. My teens are into these books, so I read them too. I like to keep up with what they are interested in. I ended up reading all 4 books in under 2 weeks and I am not normally into any type of romance novel at all! My daughter says the movie was not as good as the book, so if you like to read, I would recommend picking up a copy of Twilight at the library and see if it is your cup of tea - might be surprised like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I am drawn to vampire movies but not sure about this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mya, I think it helps if you are 14 years old :) My daughter loves the books too and can't wait to see the movie. I can wait for the rental. Karen

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by for a visit. Your comments are important to me. Leave me your thoughts and always follow your bliss.