Friday, January 25, 2008

Forward From Here


Well I got my last paycheck in the mail today. I quess that's it then. I am still waiting for my 167 hours of PTO money but no more pay days. At least until I find something new. I'm not sure what I am looking for and I am a little apprehensive after everything I have been through. It is amazing to me at what lengths some people will go to just to get rid of someone they don't like. Yes, I did walk away from my job under my own free-Will but there comes a point where your health and sanity become much more important than winning. We hear a lot today about bullying in our schools but not so much about it in the work place. From what I have read it is most often women and they are usually in a management or supervisory position. I am not sure if it is the power that makes these women go over the top or if it is just a common personality trait of women at the top. Which ever it is, it definitely is not pretty.

I like to look at everything in life as a learning experience and I definitely learned a lot. I have always been a little naive. I just assume that people will be honest and loyal. Now I know there are a lot of really great people out there and just a few bad apples. I just need to learn how to spot 'em and pick 'em. I hope I will go into the next job a little wiser. Life lessons are an important part of growing up but they don't end there. We are forever learning and adapting to new situations. That's what make life a challenge worth tackling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy you stopped by for a visit. Your comments are important to me. Leave me your thoughts and always follow your bliss.