Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Wishes



Happy good Friday to you all. My Easter wish for all of you is that you find the day to be as magical and spiritual as it was when you were young and you would wake up in the morning to hard boiled eggs, chocolate bunnies and hidden Easter baskets. Then dress in your Sunday best complete with Easter bonnet and go to church. After church came Easter egg hunts and boiled dinner. Then it was time weather permitting to go out in your new spring jacket and fly your new kite. After the perfect afternoon of sunshine you were free to dive into your giant chocolate rabbitt. First you nibble the ear then you get brave and eat those candy eyes and before you know it there goes the head. Well maybe not every Easter was quite this perfect but I do remember at least one that followed this scenario pretty closely.

I also remember one Easter morning waking up to my mothers hysteria because someone had gotten up during the night and Eaten most of the coconut bunny cake, that took her many hours to make. There was a little trail of coconut from the kitchen to the living room. This was almost as bad as the year the cat ate the Thanksgiving Day turkey. Well after many interrogations it came out that it wasn't the beloved children that ate the cake but a guest spending the weekend. Whoops, was it the coconut in her teeth that gave it away?

Well, I really just wanted to wish you all a very Happy Easter and oh I almost forgot I wanted to share with you Ms. Martha's tip for little Easter cup table favors. Click on the link below for more info.

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.0e0eb51a2e6b5ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=3f8476ecfd22f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=wks_EW_WK4_Proj2

Wow, leave it to Martha to have an extra complicated link to her site. I do love everything that she does but sometimes it is just a little too perfect and makes me feel pretty inept. If you have a special or a funny Easter story to share leave it here at this post.

Now bring on the chocolate bunnies!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog-certainly you may link to me! Try my other blog for Blythe info http://bly-me.blogspot.com. The very best site is www.thisisblythe.com You can hit shop to buy dolls and items from the famous Blythe photographer Gina Garan at reasonable prices. The forum is also a wonderful resource for info, shopping, photos and chat. What beach are you headed to from Michigan? We are headed to Myrtle Beach from Indiana in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having issues with Hotmail and don't know how to fix. Bratz clothes are too small. Most Barbie clothes will fit. On pants and shirts you just have to cut off the length. I don't sew them; I just use Fray Check. You can find vintage Skipper stuff on ebay or TIB. Barbie swim suits are too big, but you'll have one when you get her. Re-ment clothes and shoes fit (ebay or TIB) and This is Me dolls some fit as well as the Kari Michelle and other dollar store type dolls-again, some things are too long.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by for a visit. Your comments are important to me. Leave me your thoughts and always follow your bliss.