Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Flea Market in the Zen Garden

Take a deep breath; slip on your flip flops and your wide brimmed hat. We are headed to the flea markets for a little shopping zen. Pop over here to visit all the markets set up today. Miss Polly is our lovely hostess.







Absolutely gorgeous. I'm there; well in my mind anyway.

Doesn't look much like shopping but it should get you in the mood for my newby's at studiopink

"zen gardening by the sea" and my "zen garden kit."









I love to create seascapes of all kinds, but these zen gardens are so special. This piece starts with a Japanese dish and is filled with wonderful fossils from the sea. I included a little vial of beach sand to add after shipping.












The fossilized tree makes the perfect topper to this garden. To sea more pics and a detailed description visit StudioPink. You can purchase this piece there for $14.00









The dish is filled with wonderful treasures that I have collected along the gulf of Mexico. Including antique pottery shards and starfish. $14.00 at Studiopink






Now we are on to the do-it-yourself gardening part of our market.





After enjoying my lovely dip in the water and a stroll on the beach I returned with a pocket full of treasures. Fossilized trees, shells, coral and pottery shards.










Just perfect for a little project. I have put together kits for you to be the creator of your own seascape or zen garden by the sea. So perfect for a meditational moment and beautiful summer display.









The kit includes shells, fossils, and sand that I have collected on my sea side excursions. I included a vintage jar/bottle with lid.
My sea side kits and creations can be found at StudioPink for $12.00








This is an example of what you may end up with. They are stunning in the wavy morning light. You may even hear the surf and smell the salty air as you create your beautiful garden by the sea.





Thank to my flickr friend for this wonderful image



Thought I would leave you with this inspiring image. I hope your weekend is filled with beauty and zenful peace.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a message.

XO-Mya










5 comments:

  1. Everything is so pretty and serene Mya! I love that you always have a theme. So creative :)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you visited. I will check that book link. You are lovely and inspire me as I am about to turn 45 in a couple of days. I have loved collecting shells and sea glass, even bits of street glass. We like many of the same movies and reads. :)
    Big hug ~
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading this post about your Seascape gardens. They really are beautiful!! I love the beach and have a lot of beachy things in my apartment, too. Yours are stunning and very zen-like! Thanks for sharing!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Michele(CA)
    luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a pleasure to stop by and see what you are up to. Love the sea gardens. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Mya! The seascapes are beautiful. Have a great weekend!

    Karen at Ciderantiques

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by for a visit. Your comments are important to me. Leave me your thoughts and always follow your bliss.